HOW LONG IT TAKES TO READ THE WORLD’S MOST POPULAR BOOKS: http://shortlist.com/entertainment/books/how-long-it-takes-to-read-the-worlds-most-popular-books
"Self-Portrait 2014"- artwork by Elaina Unger
You know that feeling when you get sucked into an internet vortex of one link leading into another leading into the comment section populated by misinformed probably-thirteen-year-olds, only to snap out of it two hours later despairing of humanity and also hungry?
Stop making people feel bad. Stop comparing illnesses. Stop making people feel guilty. Just stop.
Do you think we’ll ever just have a quiet year at Hogwarts?
I love this quote. I love this movie.
This scene impressed me so much when I first saw it. It still fills me with… idk something. I love it.
Still one of my favorite lines from a movie ever.
the thing to realize here is that conservatives find the idea of paying workers a livable wage so absurd that they make hyperbolic comparisons like this
because fifteen dollars an hour and a hundred thousand dollars an hour both mean the same thing to them; more than you deserve
^That commentary is very important.
chill it’s cos your rare
the entire female population of east asia is rare?
homie ur about to be cooked medium rare and sacrificed
for those who think prostitution is ~*empowering*~ for women
- women make up 70% of the population of prostitution before we get all dismissive of women’s rights
- 92% OF FEMALE PROSTITUTES SAY THEY WANT TO LEAVE PROSTITUTION BUT CAN’T DUE TO LACK OF MONEY/FOOD ETC!!!!! STOP GLORIFYING POVERTY AND ABUSE!
- THE AVERAGE AGE FEMALE PROSTITUTES IN THE US BEGIN SEX WORK IS 14. FOUR-FUCKING-TEEN!
- $1 is the median price for a prostitute in south america
- 40% of prostitutes were victims of child ‘prostitution’.
- 26% of prostitutes in NY are homeless (so empowering, much liberation)
- prostitution is the most dangerous job in the US, with 204 out of every 100k prostitutes being murdered
- one of the top 3 reasons for hiring a prostitute was to experience a racial, discriminatory sex act or fetish
- a prostitute is beaten 12 times per year in the US on average. that does not reflect unattainable statistics of prostitutes in poverty-stricken continents and countries, where the beatings would inevitably be more frequent. 58% frequently report assaults.
- in the US, a prostitute has unprotected sex 300 times a year. 50% of the world’s prostitutes have HIV. that doesn’t include other STIs and STDs. 6-8% of US’s STIs are a result of prostitution. 20% of female prostitutes have STDs.
- between 75-95% of prostitutes were abused as children.
- $58 billion dollars is made FROM these women, not given TO these women. they’re objectified into imagery of machinery, sexually used and abuse into feeding the rich while the prostitutes get poorer.
- 1 in 5 korean men purchase sex 4 times a month
(SOURCE OF US STATISTICS)
( ANOTHER SOURCE FROM STATS AROUND THE GLOBE)
And in that moment, everybody in the theater let out a huge sigh of relief as they realized what had just happened; for the first time in forever there was no forced romance between the protagonists in an action movie.
The heavens finally answered the prayers of the people.
It was beautiful